Dr. Michael Han
Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Specialties: Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy, Hip and Knee Replacement
Michael Han, MD
Dr. Han performs many types of orthopedic surgery. Some of the more frequent procedures are listed below:
- Sports medicine
- Arthroscopic Knee and Shoulder Surgery
- Hip and Knee Replacement
- Operative and Non-Operative Fracture Care
- General Orthopedics
Michael Han, MD was born in Amherst, Massachusetts and spent most of his childhood growing up in both Erie, Pennsylvania and Los Alamos, New Mexico.
He attended Stanford University for undergraduate education and obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry. After obtaining a Masters degree from Harvard University, he returned to Stanford for his medical training and obtained his Doctorate in Medicine from Stanford University School of Medicine.
He then completed his internship in General Surgery at the University of California, San Francisco and then completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery also at the University of California, San Francisco.
After finishing his orthopedic residency he went on to complete a fellowship in Sports Medicine at the Lake Tahoe Orthopedic Institute.
After practicing in the Seattle area for ten years, Dr. Han and his family decided to relocate to Roseville mainly for better weather for the family in general, and for his daughter who is an aspiring junior golfer, in particular.
He has been practicing orthopedic surgery for seventeen years and is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
He and his wife Virginia have two daughters. His interests outside of work include tennis, golf, swimming, travel, and cooking.
His treatment philosophy is to provide the same level of care to each patient as he would to a family member, and he very much looks forward to providing exceptional orthopedic care to our local community.
- Undergraduate: Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Graduate: Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Medical: Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- General Surgery Internship: University of California, San Francisco, CA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of California, San Francisco, CA
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Lake Tahoe Orthopedic Institute, South Lake Tahoe, CA